Welcome to the blog for our round the world trip.

05 August 2007

A couple of videos for your enjoyment

The last moments in the van before it died - fording a river in Tajik/Kyrgyz no-man's land, where the road had been completely washed away. We were very lucky to get across here, as I am not sure how easy it would have been to tow our van on this section!



...and a video diary from MJB sat on the back of the EVI Autocentre pick up truck; whilst scarily descending a pass on switch-back roads at the beginning of our 27 hour journey to Bishkek

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike and Helen - this is Pam Hamilton here - Norman ,Becky and I have just been sitting around the computer screen reading your incredible saga -Becky has been to Ladakh and Nepal so identifies with the terrain and we remember the (minor ) problems we had driving around the States in a van that kept overheating - once you start to doubt that your vehicle is reliable it is hell even on an interstate highway let alone 1500 km from the nearest VW agent. We shall be reading on avidly - at least you are escaping the floods and foot-and -mouth !! Good Luck

11:01 am

 
Blogger AJ said...

Hi Helen & Mike, I can't believe what I have just been reading. I am sorry that I have not written before, but I feel you must need all the support and good wishes you can get at the moment. I am sending you loads and loads, so hope things are getting sorted. The thought of you having to give up is awful, you have been through so much. What an adventure!! but I am sure that a little less adventure and a bit of luck is what is needed at the moment. I know that sign language is all very well, but how on earth do you cope, it doesn;t seem posible that you can do all that you have doen in English! I do hope that your next posting tells of success at the VW garage and that it doesn't all cost too much. Hang on in there. My very best wishes to you both. Love AJ (Robert's)

6:17 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home